Privacy Documents - FERPA/HIPAA (K-12)
- Protecting Student Privacy
- Addressing Emergencies on Campus
- U.S. Department of Education - School Resource Officers, School Law Enforcement Units, and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- Does the HIPAA Privacy Rule Apply to an Elementary or Secondary School?
- Does HIPAA Prevent a School Administrator, or a School Doctor or Nurse, from Sharing Concerns About a Student's Mental Health with the Student's Parents or Law Enforcement Authorities?
- Joint Guidance on the Application of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) And the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) To Student Health Records (2019 Update)
- Illinois Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Confidentiality Act (MHDDCA)